Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Joy to the World Watercolor Background

Hi everyone!

It's day 2 of my Hearts Come Home series. Today's card came to me in a dream. It's weird when that happens, but it's so much fun seeing it in real life!

This card's focus are the villages and sentiment from the Hearts Come Home bundle which is in the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog! 


I used Dazzling Diamond and Silver Glimmer Paper for the villages. The trick is to die cut with the paper upside down. That's a good trick for cutting the glimmer paper with your trimmer as well.


I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of Watercolor Paper. Once cooled, I started working on my background. I pulled out a large acrylic block and smooshed my Pink Pirouette ink pad onto it. I added some water from a Clear Wink of Stella pen that was repurposed once it was empty! I smooshed the watercolor paper onto the wet ink, dried with my heat tool and then repeated the process using less water.


Once dried, I adhered the silver village using liquid glue and the white using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I added the layer to a Thick Whisper White card base and added the tiny stars using liquid glue!

I really love how this one turned out! What do you think? Is pink a color you reach for during the holidays?

Thanks so much for stamping with me today!  Check out the supplies, video and my monthly specials below!




**Exciting news alert- I have decided to offer my Christmas cards from this holiday card series in sets. If you wish to purchase a set of Christmas cards, email me!  We can determine price, etc. at that time.**



September Specials!


The BEST Deal around is the starter kit!

Only 99.00 and you get to choose 125.00 of product of YOUR choice

*FREE SHIPPING

*FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit

*FREE Catalogs

*New Catalog Pre-Order

*20% off orders

*FREE access to The Craftin' Elves Facebook Group

*ALL my online classes for FREE! *You'll get to be a part of the Craftin' Elves!...


Whether you want to be a Hobby Demo for the awesome discount or a Business Builder who wants to grow a paper crafting business, I would love to have you join my little family of stampers! 







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)