Friday, September 22, 2017

Hearts Come Home Gingerbread Village Version 1

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to be back with another card for you today using the new Hearts Come Home Bundle from the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog! This bundle is amazing and I am loving creating with it!

Today's card is a gingerbread village with the "frosting" being the main focal point. Let me walk you through how I made it!


I started with Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Paper. The trick to die cutting something intricate out of glimmer paper is to die cut it upside down!  Luckily, for this die set, it really works either way! When die cutting, I made sure to leave a significant gap at the bottom to help create my hill side.

My next step was to back all of the houses with Soft Suede card stock. I adhered a piece behind each house and cut them down to size. Liquid glue works the best here. I used the Liquid Multipurpose Glue.

After adhering all of the Soft Suede card stock, it was time to adhere everything to the card layer. My card base and layer are both Real Red. The first row with the church was adhered directly to the card. The next layer was adhered with glue dots and the final layer was adhered with dimensionals.


To help the trees stand out from the background, I used an alcohol marker to color some of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels. After they were dried, I adhered them to the trees and on all the windows. 

I love this card! I can't wait for you to see the second version! What do you think of this gingerbread village? Let me know down in the comments! 

Thanks so much for stamping with me today!  Check out the supplies, video and my monthly specials below!





**Exciting news alert- I have decided to offer my Christmas cards from this holiday card series in sets. If you wish to purchase a set of Christmas cards, email me!  We can determine price, etc. at that time.**



September Specials!


The BEST Deal around is the starter kit!

Only 99.00 and you get to choose 125.00 of product of YOUR choice

*FREE SHIPPING

*FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit

*FREE Catalogs

*New Catalog Pre-Order

*20% off orders

*FREE access to The Craftin' Elves Facebook Group

*ALL my online classes for FREE! *You'll get to be a part of the Craftin' Elves!...


Whether you want to be a Hobby Demo for the awesome discount or a Business Builder who wants to grow a paper crafting business, I would love to have you join my little family of stampers! 







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)