Sunday, July 6, 2014

Master Bedroom Part 2

Hi everyone :)  Two posts in a row?  Say what?  I know.  It really is amazing!  I'm totally in love with the progress in the master bedroom and I wanted to share it with all of you.

If you missed it, here's part 1. We had purchased our furniture, painted and lived with it for a few months.  We've slowly been purchasing new decor and I am totally loving it.

Can I just share something with you guys without fear of judgement?  I love home stores.  Like, they are my weakness.  Home Goods, Tuesday Morning, Steinmart, Ross, Marshalls, Kirklands, my list goes on and on and on and on...well you get the hint.

My hubby and I are following a strict budget.  Thank goodness or we would definitely be in the poor house with all of my hair brained ideas :)  I love being able to budget a set amount or budget for items that we are looking for and then hitting up one of the stores mentioned above to find just the right decor for our rooms.

So, let's start with lamps and pictures!

We hunted for lamps for several weeks.  We just happened to be in Home Goods one day looking for something totally different and my husband spotted these beauties.  I love them more than words can express.  I love their height.  I love the slight blue tint to the glass and I love how dramatic they look in our space.

The art is from this store on Etsy. She has so many great prints and is a breeze to work with too.  I was trying to pick the perfect aqua and she worked with me until we got it right.  I purchased 2 11 x 16 prints and 4 8x10s from her. We picked up the picture frames from Bed Bath and Beyond and I used left over paint from our ceiling sample to paint all the mats.  I like how it brings that aqua down from the ceiling and into the room.  I still wasn't loving the bedding, but had not decided on an accent color...so it stayed.

 Normally, when it comes to color, I'm a very decisive person.  When it came to choosing the right accent color for this bedroom, I was at a loss.  I couldn't decide if I wanted a light green, yellow, or even a pink.  Then one day we went to Stein mart and I KNEW I had found my accent color.  That color is:

Coral.  Oh my lanta I love coral.  I love the coral with the aqua.  I also love that I bought the rectangular white pillow from Tuesday Morning months and months before we even found the bedding.  The comforter, quilt, shams and small pillow came from Stein Mart.  If you've never been, you should definitely go!

Unfortunately, I can't find any of the bedding online.  I can tell you that the comforter is from the Hyde Park line and is called Darcy.  It matches the color of the ceiling perfectly.  It should.  I was the crazy lady walking around the store with the lids to both of my paint cans to find colors that worked.  Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do for design decisions!  The best part?  The comforter and 2 shams was only $69.99. We actually paid more for the sheets from Bed, Bath and Beyond than we did for the comforter set.

The quilt is the Middleton Paisley in Medium Pink.  Unfortunately, they don't have this color online.  However, here's a link to the pool blue so you can see the pattern.  We purchased the euro shams separately at $16.99 a piece and the quilt was $29.99

I love, love, LOVE the coral with the purple, aqua and the touches of gray.  You can see a piece of our artwork peeking out.


Here's the view as you walk in to the room.  I know many aren't fond of ceiling fans, but we live in Texas and fans are a MUST.  We still have some ways to go before this room is considered finished.  We need window treatments, a new chair, tv and a few decorative pieces.  All in all, I am totally in love with this room and it's everything I could have imaged.  The only thing missing is the tall chest of drawers that's to the right in these pictures.  I will do another update as we add more things. What do you think about a monogram above the bed?  I love this one in white!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Let me know what you think!  You can hit me up via twitter @thejollyfatelf or find me on Pinterest too!   If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)