Thursday, October 5, 2017

Smitten Mittens Die Cut Inlay

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to another card using the Smitten Mittens Bundle from the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog! I have a really fun card for you today! Let me walk you through how I made it!

I wanted to work in one of my favorite color combos for this card. Originally, my idea was to stamp the mittens onto the background. After seeing this die, I decided to go for this layered technique!

Before die cutting the Pool Party mittens, I adhered a piece of card stock to the Multi-Purpose Adhesive Sheets.  I knew this card would be a little more involved than normal and using those sheets took out a lot of time spent applying adhesive and then getting everything down. 

I also stamped the sentiment mitten using Elegant Eggplant ink and then die cut the mittens and the stamped mitten using the coordinating framelits and my Big Shot.

I decided to add a bit of decor to the solid purple mitten. I used one of the Pool Party mittens as a guide and inlayed the die cut pieces. They already had adhesive on the back and that made adhering them go a bit more quickly than I had originally thought!

I adhered 2 of the blue die cut mittens to the middle of my card base and added the other to the sides. I wanted to create my own background paper.


I used a piece of the silver tinsel from the Mini Tinsel Trim Combo Pack to add a loop and a bow. To bring in a bit more bling, I added rhinestone to the center of the mittens.

What do you think of this card? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for stamping with me today!  Check out the supplies, video and my monthly specials below!



**Exciting news alert- I have decided to offer my Christmas cards from this holiday card series for sale individually and in sets. If you wish to purchase a set of Christmas cards, email me! We can determine price, etc. at that time.**



October Specials!


The BEST Deal around is the starter kit!

Only 99.00 and you get to choose 125.00 of product of YOUR choice

*FREE SHIPPING

*FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit

*FREE Catalogs

*New Catalog Pre-Order

*20% off orders

*FREE access to The Craftin' Elves Facebook Group

*ALL my online classes for FREE! *You'll get to be a part of the Craftin' Elves!...


Whether you want to be a Hobby Demo for the awesome discount or a Business Builder who wants to grow a paper crafting business, I would love to have you join my little family of stampers! 








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)