Thursday, August 10, 2017

A Very Vintage Thank You

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to another card using the Floral Statement stamp set from the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog! 


If you have been following me for anytime at all, you know that vintage is not my style...at all. Today's card was completely out of my comfort zone and definitely not my design aesthetic, but it's quickly become one of my most favorite cards.


I started this card with a piece of Watercolor Paper.  Then, I wrecked it!  I started with an all over wash of water and then added Crumb Cake ink. After adding the Crumb Cake, I went in with Early Espresso.  I stamped the Sheet Music background stamp in Early Espresso. 
It's definitely hard to photograph, but I added a ton of shimmer and color by spraying the paper with Perfect Pearls Liquid shimmer in gold.  I also tore 2 of the corners and rolled the other. Next, I stamped the sentiment using Staz On ink. Initially, I wanted to color the flowers in sepia tones. After using Crumb Cake, I noticed that the flowers starting turning pink. I decided to add in a touch of pink in the flowers, the mat and the ribbon!

I used the Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker to add color to the roses. After spraying down the watercolor paper with the pearlized liquid one last time, I matted the layer using Powder Pink card stock and finished by adding a piece of the Powder Pink 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon. 

I've done several cards over the last few weeks that aren't my style, but I have loved. What do you think of this one? If you want to see exactly how I did everything, make sure to watch the video below or over on my Youtube Channel!

Thank you so much for crafting with me today. Make sure you print the recipe and check out my specials for August down below! 



Print Recipe

August Specials!


The BEST Deal around is the starter kit!

Only 99.00 and you get to choose 125.00 of product of YOUR choice

*FREE SHIPPING

*FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit

*FREE Catalogs

*New Catalog Pre-Order

*20% off orders

*FREE access to The Craftin' Elves Facebook Group

*ALL my online classes for FREE! *You'll get to be a part of the Craftin' Elves!...


Whether you want to be a Hobby Demo for the awesome discount or a Business Builder who wants to grow a paper crafting business, I would love to have you join my little family of stampers! 






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)