Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Stampin' Up! Wrapped in Warmth and Candy Cane Lane!

Hi everyone!

I am so excited for this card today! With the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper promotion from Stampin' Up!, I am trying to use more patterned paper on my cards!

The Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper from the 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog has this great pattern that works wonderfully on it's own for cards. You can do what I did and just cut the pattern or you can fussy cut each house! Either way you will end up with a fun and easy card!
I used 2 pieces of the Candy Cane Lane DSP on this card.  I wanted to have a mat for my focal panel and this really fun cookie pattern worked perfectly due to the size of the pattern.  A great way to mix patterns is to pair a large pattern with a small pattern that almost reads like it's a solid piece of paper.
I used a piece of washi tape to mask off the sentiment from the Wrapped in Warmth stamp set so that I could stamp the Merry Christmas on the front of the card in Real Red and the rest of the sentiment on the inside of the card using Crumb Cake.  I actually used the Stampin' Write Markers in both colors to ink my sentiment.
I finished the inside of my card *yes, I know you are shocked* by fussy cutting one of the houses from the Designer Series Paper.

You can't see it, but I added some Wink of Stella to the tops of the houses!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Check out my October Promotions, the video and the supplies down below!

Promotions





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)