Monday, December 8, 2014

Nature's Peace-Day 5 of the Holiday Card Series

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing wants to go right?  I mean...nothing.  I'm having that day today.

I'm smack dab in the middle of ornament craziness and I've been working on a new design and it just wasn't coming together.  In fact, it's probably one of the only ornaments I have ever made that I hated.  Absolutely hated and knew the customer would hate it too......and she did.

Thank goodness I sent her pictures before shipping that bad boy out.  Any who, fast forward to later in the day.  She and I agreed on a different direction and I started a new ornament.  Mind you, I have about 12 to do before the middle of next week.  I refuse to send out a poor product.  I started working on the new one and then this happened.

Why yes, that is black and red glitter glue all over my keyboard.  Thank you for asking.  HA.  I could have cried.  I was painting an ornament and it started to roll and landed on my keyboard.  It was one of those things that happens in slow motion and there wasn't anything I could do to stop it.

Did I mention I have only had this computer about a month?  I swear my clumsiness has ruined so many nice things over the years.  I turned off the keyboard and did my best to get it all cleaned up.  It's a few hours later and the keys aren't sticking.  Hopefully, whatever I did worked.  We'll see.

I decided after that to stop the ornamenting for the day and work on our Christmas cards.  I think I mentioned the story of our mad dash for cards last year and I refuse to go through that again this year.

I thought that I would turn the camera on and film the process for my card series videos.  I'm moving right along.  I cut all my card bases, inside layers, and outside layers.  I stamp my info on the back and get my inside sentiments stamped.  Next, I started the embossing process for the front of my card and it's looking fantastic.  Absolutely how I imagined it would look.  I get 3 out of the 26 done and BAM...heat tool is dead.  D.E.A.D. dead.  First, I'm upset that I haven't had that heat tool very long and it died already.  Second, I'm left with only 3 card panels finished and 6 more covered in embossing powder that's waiting to be melted.  Needless to say, I was done.  I finished one of the cards for the video...shut the camera off and resisted the urge to curl up in a ball and cry.

DID I MENTION I FORGOT TO COOK DINNER?  I'm failing at life today it seems.  I will say that this card turned out exactly how I had hoped.  We are FINALLY sending out a purple and silver Christmas card and I love it :)



I used the Nature's Peace stamp set to stamp the sentiment, dove and the gorgeous image on the outside.  The card is Elegant Eggplant and it's 4 1/4 by 11 scored at 5 1/2. Both the outside layer and inside layer were cut to 4 by 5 1/4.  I rounded the edges of the outside layer after embossing the image with silver powder.  I tied on some silver sparkle lawn trimming twine and mounted it on dimensionals.

I really do love how it turned out.  I ordered a new heat tool from Stampin Up! on Friday.  It should be here Wednesday so I can finish!

Want to know what's also coming Wednesday/  My pre-order from the new Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogs!  So excited!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  The video may be salvageable.  We'll see! I'll post it if it is.  


Supplies Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)